The katana “Zatoichi” is made of spring steel. The technical specifications are as follows:
- Sugata (Blade style):
- Hand-forged with a blade sharp on both edges. These edges are without Niku (cutting sharp blade) and very well sharpened. Spring steel (C55Si7- USA: Steel 1055).The hardness of the Ha (blade edge) is ca 55° HRC Rockwell
- Nagasa (blade length): ca. 76 cm / 30 inch.
- Sori (curvature): none
- Moto-Kasane (thickness): ca. 0,6 cm.
- Saki-Haba: 24 mm.
- Moto-Haba: 34 mm.
- Nakago (tongue) with Mei (inscription) according to the tradition: WKC - year of production.
- Fuchi-Kashira (Cap):
- Beautifully carved brass with a special design.
- Tsuka (Grip):
- Wood grip, adapted to the tongue. Length 12 cm.
- Made of bamboo wood and placed in the middle of the grip.
- Saya (Scabbard):
- Selected wood that fits the blade. It has four brass ornaments that are lacquered in black at the deepest points. Two ornaments in the middle are linked by silk cord.
- Total Weight:
- Without Saya: ca. 1 050 gr.
- With Saya: ca 1 660 gr.
- Included Accessories:
- Soft protective cloth bag
- Delivery Term 7-8 weeks
- Prepayment of 25% needed when ordering.