Spring steel hand-forged KATANA : The Dragonfly is a high quality katana specially made for Tameshigiri (practice use). Best value. WKC katanas are the only in the world that are ISO-9001-2000 certified, and have 1 year warranty against blade breakage.
- Sugata (Blade style):
- Hand-forged curved blade WITHOUT Bohi (groove) and Chu-Kissaki tip. Spring steel (C55Si7). The hardness of the Mune and of the Ha (blade edge) is 55° HRC Rockwell. The blade spine is iori-mune, the edge is without Niku, ideal for Tameshigiri. (cutting sharp blade).
- Nagasa (blade length from Habaki): 20 inch.
- Nakago (tongue) with Mei (inscription) according to the tradition: WKC – year of production.
- Fuchi-Kashira (Cap):
- Beautifully carved with Dragonfly. Carbon steel (C45). Steel oxidized, black color.
- Tsuka (Grip):
- Wood grip, adapted to the tongue. Length 20,5 cm.
- Tsuka-ito (See options below):
- Samé (See options below):
- 2 Menuki:
- Brass, hand polished. Dragonfly shape. One each side, traditional mounting of menuki.
- Brass color. Made in 1 piece.
- 2 Mekugi:
- Bamboo wood, based upon the traditional method to seat the pins. The 2 mekugi-ana are drilled diagonal and conical into the tongue. The mekugi are fitted from opposite side.
- Carbon steel (C45), hand polished. Steel oxidized, black color.
- Saya (Scabbard):
- Selected white wood. Black lacquered. Curved according to the Sori. The Koi-guchi (mouth piece) is made of buffalo horn. Saya with kurikata and 2 shitodome to hold the Obi.
- Black (cord sed for tying the Saya to the Obi - knob on the Saya).
- Total Weight:
- Included Accessories:
Delivery, 2 to 6 weeks.
Tsuka (Ito and Same):