The katana “Zhang Sanfeng” is made of German folded steel, hand-forged and differentially hardened. The technical specifications are as follows:
- Sugata (Blade style):
- Hand-forged with a blade sharp on both edges. The blade spine is iori-mune, the edge is without Niku (cutting sharp blade). Folded Steel (C45, C55Si7- USA: Steel 1095, C105 W2),. The hardness of its Ha (blade edge) is ca 60° HRC Rockwell. 13 times folded to achieve ca. 8192 layers. Traditional clay-wrapping technique for differential hardening makes the Hamon visible. There are beautiful hada (grain in steel, pattern of folding the steel) in the blade.
- Nagasa (blade length): ca. 76 cm / 30 inch.
- Sori (curvature): none
- Moto-Kasane (thickness): ca. 0,6 cm.
- Saki-Haba: 24 mm.
- Moto-Haba: 34 mm.
- Nakago (tongue) with Mei (inscription) according to the tradition: WKC - Year of production.
- Fuchi-Kashira (Cap):
- Beautifully carved golden brass with a special design.
- Tsuka (Grip):
- Wood grip, adapted to the tongue. Length 12 cm.
- Made of bamboo wood and placed in the middle of the grip.
- Saya (Scabbard):
- Selected wood that fits the blade. It has four brass ornaments. Two ornaments in the middle are linked by silk cord.
- Total Weight:
- Without Saya: ca. 1 050 gr.
- With Saya: ca 1 667 gr.
- Included Accessories:
- Soft protective cloth bag