The katana “Takuan” is made of German folded steel, hand-forged and differentially hardened. The technical specifications are as follows:
- Sugata (Blade style):
- Hand-forged with a blade sharp on both edges. The blade is sharp on both sides from this point onwards. The blade spine is iori-mune, the edge is without Niku (cutting sharp blade). Folded Steel (C45, C55Si7- USA: Steel 1095, C105 W2),. The hardness of its Ha (blade edge) is ca 60° HRC Rockwell. 13 times folded to achieve ca. 8192 layers. Traditional clay-wrapping technique for differential hardening makes the Hamon visible. There are beautiful hada (grain in steel, pattern of folding the steel) in the blade.
- Nagasa (blade length): ca. 92 cm / 36 inch.
- Sori (curvature): none.
- Moto-Kasane (Thickness at base): ca. 6 mm/ 0.23 inch.
- Saki-Haba (width at tip): ca. 29 mm / 1.14 inch.
- Moto-Haba (width at base): ca. 34 mm / 1.33 inch.
- Nakago (tongue) with Mei (inscription) according to the tradition: WKC - year of production.
- Fuchi-Kashira (Cap):
- Beautifully carved golden brass with a special design.
- Tsuka (Grip):
- Wood grip, adapted to the tongue. Length 24,5 cm.
- Made of bamboo wood and placed in the middle of the grip.
- Saya (Scabbard):
- Selected wood that fits the blade. It has four brass ornaments. Two ornaments in the middle are linked by silk cord.
- Total Weight:
- Without Saya: ca. 1 520 gr.
- With Saya: ca 2 150 gr.
Delivery Term 7-8 weeks
- Included Accessories:
- Soft protective cloth bag.
- Prepayment of 25% needed when ordering.