These are the technical specifications:
- Sugata (Blade style):
- Hand-forged curved blade with a Bohi (groove) and Chu-Kissaki (tip). Folded steel (45C & C55Si7- USA: Steel 1095). 13 times folded to achieve ca. 8192 layers traditional clay-wrapping technique for differential hardening. There are beautiful hada (grain in steel, pattern of folding the steel) in the blade. The hardness of its Mune is ca 43° and the Ha (blade edge) is ca 60° HRC Rockwell. The blade spine is iori-mune, the edge is without Niku. (The blade has got a flat and cutting sharp edge).
- Nagasa (blade length): ca. 20 inch.
- Nakago (tongue) with Mei (inscription) according to the tradition: WKC and year of production.
- Kashira (Cap):
- Beautifully carved from Edo period. Carbon steel (C45). Steel oxidized, black colored.
- Tsuka (Grip):
- Wood grip, adapted to the tongue. Length ca. 20,5 cm.
- Tsuka-ito (handle wrap):
- 2 Menuki:
- Brass, hand-polised, gold-plated. Flower shape. One each side, traditional mounting of Menuki.
- Bamboo wood, based upon the traditional method to seat the pins. The mekugi-ana is drilled diagonal and conical into the tongue.
- Tsuba (Guard):
- Carbon steel (C45), hand polished. Steel oxidized, black color. Leaf and ginger theme from Edo period.
- Saya (Scabbard):
- Selected wood. Black lacquered with samé around the top part. Curved according to the Sori. The Koi-guchi (mouth piece) is made of buffalo horn. Saya with kurikata and 2 shitodome to hold the Obi.
- Brown white (cord used for tying the Saya to the Obi - knob on the Saya).
- ca. 500 gr. without saya.
- Included Accessories:
- Soft protective cloth bag with nice colourfull emboirdery
Delivery, 2 to 6 weeks.
25% Prepayment required when ordering.